FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Fayetteville police say a teen who vanished Friday afternoon was found safe on Saturday.
Zion Whitley-Ray, 14, was last seen around 5 p.m. Friday in the area of Longbranch and Glen Canyon drives, according to a news release from Fayetteville police.
“He is not considered to be a runaway at this time,” Fayetteville Officer Jeremy Strickland said in an email Friday. “Officers and detectives are investigating the circumstances surrounding his disappearance.”
Saturday around 9:20 p.m., police announced Whitley-Ray “was located and is safe.”
There were no details released about his disappearance.
- Fire, explosion blows out 50-foot section of wall at Tarboro business
- NC State police responding to report of sexual assault on campus
- Panthers to stick with Allen at QB instead of playing Grier
- NC State proposes loss of scholarship in response to NCAA’s Notice of Allegations
- U.S. DOT to spend $8 million on drive sober ad campaign
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now