FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Fayetteville police say a teen who vanished Friday afternoon was found safe on Saturday.
Zion Whitley-Ray, 14, was last seen around 5 p.m. Friday in the area of Longbranch and Glen Canyon drives, according to a news release from Fayetteville police.
“He is not considered to be a runaway at this time,” Fayetteville Officer Jeremy Strickland said in an email Friday. “Officers and detectives are investigating the circumstances surrounding his disappearance.”
Saturday around 9:20 p.m., police announced Whitley-Ray “was located and is safe.”
There were no details released about his disappearance.
- Vigil held in Durham for slain Texas soldier Vanessa Guillen
- Man charged in shooting that killed boy at Alabama mall
- Teen dirt-bike rider killed at NC interstate off-ramp
- 19 taken to hospitals after tree falls on garage during child’s birthday party
- NC group angered by removal of statues displays giant Confederate flag along I-40
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now