FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — A motorcyclist died after a crash in Fayetteville Saturday evening, police said.
The incident was reported just before 6:45 p.m. along the All American Expressway near Cliffdale Road, according to a news release from Fayetteville police.
The wreck happened as the motorcyclist was heading south along the All American Expressway when he “lost control of the motorcycle,” the news release said.
The motorcyclist was taken to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center where he later died.
The name of the motorcyclist will not be released by police until his relatives are contacted.
No other vehicles were involved in the wreck, police said.
Two of three southbound lanes of the All American Expressway were closed as of 8:30 p.m.
- VIDEO: Fishing pier collapses as its hit by loose barge at Virginia coast
- Flooded, sand-covered NC 12 still closed as storm lashes NC coast; all ferry routes shut down
- Man injured in shooting outside Raleigh Motel 6
- Fatal crash under investigation in Fayetteville
- Power restored in Raleigh after more than 1,600 affected by outage
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now