FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Police have identified the motorcyclist killed in a Wednesday crash as Jonathan Haywood, 31.
Police say Haywood was operating a 2003 Suzuki GSX-R600 motorcycle at the time of the crash.
The driver, 19-year-old Jose Lopez-Portillo, of Fayetteville, was operating a 2005 Ford Five Hundred. He did not suffer injuries in the crash.
The preliminary investigation revealed Haywood was traveling North on Hope Mills Road and Lopez-Portillo was traveling South on Hope Mills Road. Lopez-Portillo was turning left onto Redwood Drive and collided with Haywood’s motorcycle in the intersection.
Fayetteville police say a motorcyclist is dead following a crash involving a motorcycle and a car Wednesday.
Police say around 7:56 p.m., officers responded to the 1100 block of Hope Mills Road for a crash.
Police say a motorcyclist and a vehicle got into a crash.
The motorcyclist was taken to the hospital where he later died. The driver of the vehicle was not injured.
Police say the circumstances surrounding the crash are still under investigation.
- WFPD: Woman stuffs keys into her mouth after telling police she wasn’t driving
- Israel to offer 3rd COVID booster shot to older citizens
- Washington Football Team president says list of names substantially narrowed down
- Sponsored Content: How to Make Taking Financial Risks Feel Safe
- Wake County sees COVID-19 testing jump by more than 40%