FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Police have identified the motorcyclist killed in a Wednesday crash as Jonathan Haywood, 31.
Police say Haywood was operating a 2003 Suzuki GSX-R600 motorcycle at the time of the crash.
The driver, 19-year-old Jose Lopez-Portillo, of Fayetteville, was operating a 2005 Ford Five Hundred. He did not suffer injuries in the crash.
The preliminary investigation revealed Haywood was traveling North on Hope Mills Road and Lopez-Portillo was traveling South on Hope Mills Road. Lopez-Portillo was turning left onto Redwood Drive and collided with Haywood’s motorcycle in the intersection.
Fayetteville police say a motorcyclist is dead following a crash involving a motorcycle and a car Wednesday.
Police say around 7:56 p.m., officers responded to the 1100 block of Hope Mills Road for a crash.
Police say a motorcyclist and a vehicle got into a crash.
The motorcyclist was taken to the hospital where he later died. The driver of the vehicle was not injured.
Police say the circumstances surrounding the crash are still under investigation.
- Many flock to Falls Lake on July 4th despite record COVID-19 cases
- Wake County leaders to vote Monday on Juneteenth holiday
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for parts of Wake, Nash and Franklin counties
- NC girls, their parents among 5 killed in interstate crash
- US flag ordered down at construction site; could be ‘target’ for protesters
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now