FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Animals at Cumberland County’s Animal Control Center will enjoy a Thanksgiving meal this year thanks to the Friends of Cumberland County Animal Shelter (FOCCAS)group.
The meal, which will be served on Nov. 25 at 11 a.m., will feed 100 dogs and 50 cats.
If you would like to donate food items for the dinner they can be dropped off at the shelter, located at 4704 Corporation Drive, by Saturday at 5 p.m.
Items needed for the dinner include:
Cooked boneless turkey breast or boneless chicken breast (no whole or frozen turkeys)
Plain canned pumpkin
Sweet potatoes (plain)
For more information about FOCCAS, click here.
For volunteer information, you can visit Cumberland County’s website or call the shelter at (910) 321-6852.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Foot Locker turning U.S. stores into temporary voter registration sites
- 2 groups exchanged gunfire outside North Carolina day care, police say
- North Carolina Marine – the oldest living – celebrates 107th birthday
- Garner chief: Police chase of stolen vehicle ends when it crashes into Raleigh house
- Hoke County man arrested in Mississippi on 332 charges mostly related to child sex crimes, sheriff says
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now