FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Animals at Cumberland County’s Animal Control Center will enjoy a Thanksgiving meal this year thanks to the Friends of Cumberland County Animal Shelter (FOCCAS)group.
The meal, which will be served on Nov. 25 at 11 a.m., will feed 100 dogs and 50 cats.
If you would like to donate food items for the dinner they can be dropped off at the shelter, located at 4704 Corporation Drive, by Saturday at 5 p.m.
Items needed for the dinner include:
Cooked boneless turkey breast or boneless chicken breast (no whole or frozen turkeys)
Plain canned pumpkin
Sweet potatoes (plain)
For more information about FOCCAS, click here.
For volunteer information, you can visit Cumberland County’s website or call the shelter at (910) 321-6852.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Trump argues high COVID-19 cases due to testing – experts largely disagree
- Teens discover bodies stuffed in bags while filming TikTok videos
- VIRAL VIDEO: COVID-19 through the eyes of a 4-year-old
- Melania Trump statue set on fire near her Slovenian hometown
- Deputies investigating mysterious disappearance of woman, 3-year-old son in Rowan County
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now