FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Animals at Cumberland County’s Animal Control Center will enjoy a Thanksgiving meal this year thanks to the Friends of Cumberland County Animal Shelter (FOCCAS)group.
The meal, which will be served on Nov. 25 at 11 a.m., will feed 100 dogs and 50 cats.
If you would like to donate food items for the dinner they can be dropped off at the shelter, located at 4704 Corporation Drive, by Saturday at 5 p.m.
Items needed for the dinner include:
Cooked boneless turkey breast or boneless chicken breast (no whole or frozen turkeys)
Plain canned pumpkin
Sweet potatoes (plain)
For more information about FOCCAS, click here.
For volunteer information, you can visit Cumberland County’s website or call the shelter at (910) 321-6852.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Holly Springs officer transporting prisoner involved in pileup on US 1
- 6 Fort Bragg pilots to perform helicopter flyover before Army-Navy game
- 2 killed in multi-vehicle wreck in Fayetteville
- Police: Man wearing blonde wig, high heels, on the run after robbing NC bank
- Liquid meth found inside transmission fluid, coolant containers
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now