FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — A pilot managed to walk away from a plane that was damaged while landing at the Fayetteville Regional Airport Friday night, officials said.
The incident happened around 7 p.m. when a pilot reported landing gear problems before touching down, according to airport fire officials.
Upon landing, the nose gear of the Cherokee plane collapsed and the aircraft skidded on the runway, officials said.
The airport was closed for about 20 to 30 minutes after the incident. The pilot was not injured.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- North Carolina judge died of fentanyl and heroin intoxication, autopsy reveals
- White House reaches ceasefire agreement with Turkey while lawmakers on Capitol Hill weigh sanctions bill
- Fayetteville teen at center of Amber Alert found safe
- Mark Zuckerberg says Facebook might have prevented Iraq invasion in 2003
- Advocates fear mass suicide at ICE facility in Southern NM
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now