FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – An 86-year-old manc is dead following a traffic collision Friday morning on Country Club Drive in Fayetteville, police said.
Police said the collision involved a 2001 Honda and 2010 Ford just after 7:45 a.m. on Country Club Drive at Clearwater Drive, just east of Country Club Drive’s intersection with Rosehill Road.
William Staehle of the 300 block of Hilliard Drive was driving the Honda at the time of the collision. He died of injuries suffered in the crash, police said.
The condition of the second driver, a 51-year-old woman, was not released.
Fayetteville police said Country Club Drive was shut down up to Rosehill Road while the crash was investigated.
Further information wasn’t released.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Wednesday, December 2nd: Live music by Jay James, Jolly Raleigh scavenger hunt clue #2
- Black and Blue Kickoff Live: After devastating Panthers loss, conversation still swirls on who is to blame
- City finds 40 Housing Code violations at Durham apartments
- Local artist Jay James rocks out to ‘Watch The Leaves’
- Mental Wellness Wednesday: Start reconnecting with others using these simple steps