FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – A pedestrian was hit by a vehicle and killed Friday morning in Fayetteville, police said.
Officers responded to a pedestrian crash in the 1700-block of Owen Drive around 4:03 a.m. Officers and EMS arrived at the scene and found a male that had been hit by a vehicle.
The pedestrian was taken to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.
The driver of the vehicle that struck the pedestrian remained at the scene, police said.
Police have identified the victim as Larrie McKinnon, 71, of Fayetteville.
Owen Drive southbound was closed for approximately 90 minutes and has since reopened, according to authorities.
Police have not announced any charges against the driver.
Anyone with information regarding this investigation is asked to contact the Fayetteville Police Department’s Traffic Unit or Crimestoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477). Crimestoppers information can also be submitted electronically, by visiting http://fay-nccrimestoppers.org and completing the anonymous online tip sheet.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 7-year-old Jeopardy! superfan gets sweet message from Alex Trebek after dressing up as ‘mini-Trebek’ for Halloween
- At least 1 dead as Hurricane Zeta hammers Gulf Coast
- U.S. Marshals searching for ‘armed and dangerous’ man in NC
- President Trump targeting rural voters in recent NC campaign stops
- ALERT DAY: Zeta remnants bring severe weather, wind to NC Thursday
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now