FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Fayetteville police are trying to track down a person of interest in a drive-by shooting that happened last week.
The incident was reported on Jan. 6 just after 7:20 p.m. along the 6200 block of Lynette Circle, according to a Fayetteville police news release.
Police arrived at the scene and found a man who was suffering from a gunshot wound and lying in the road, the news release said.
“The preliminary investigation revealed the victim was walking in the roadway when a dark-colored sedan drove by and shot(s) were fired from within the vehicle at the victim,” the news release said.
The victim was taken to a nearby hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Detectives are requesting anyone with information concerning the identity of the person of interest contact them.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective D. Smith with the Fayetteville Police Department at (910) 433-1901 or Crimestoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Childress, Wake Forest beat Boston College 80-62
- Motorcyclist dies after crashing into car on I-40 near Jones Sausage Road in Raleigh
- NC man charged with trafficking opioids, meth; bond set at $1 million
- Various groups expected as participants in Virginia gun rights rally on Monday
- Manhunt underway after 2 killed, 5 more injured in shooting at Texas club
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now