FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Fayetteville police are trying to track down a person of interest in a drive-by shooting that happened last week.
The incident was reported on Jan. 6 just after 7:20 p.m. along the 6200 block of Lynette Circle, according to a Fayetteville police news release.
Police arrived at the scene and found a man who was suffering from a gunshot wound and lying in the road, the news release said.
“The preliminary investigation revealed the victim was walking in the roadway when a dark-colored sedan drove by and shot(s) were fired from within the vehicle at the victim,” the news release said.
The victim was taken to a nearby hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Detectives are requesting anyone with information concerning the identity of the person of interest contact them.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective D. Smith with the Fayetteville Police Department at (910) 433-1901 or Crimestoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 15 arrested in California child sex sting – including highway patrol officer, prison employee
- Multiple homes burn on Ocean Isle Beach as Hurricane Isaias makes landfall
- No mass shootings in the U.S. since the pandemic started — what about once it’s over?
- New stimulus check plan would give even more money to families
- Flash flood warning issued for Wayne, Sampson, Harnett, Cumberland and Johnston counties
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now