FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Fayetteville police are trying to track down a person of interest in a drive-by shooting that happened last week.
The incident was reported on Jan. 6 just after 7:20 p.m. along the 6200 block of Lynette Circle, according to a Fayetteville police news release.
Police arrived at the scene and found a man who was suffering from a gunshot wound and lying in the road, the news release said.
“The preliminary investigation revealed the victim was walking in the roadway when a dark-colored sedan drove by and shot(s) were fired from within the vehicle at the victim,” the news release said.
The victim was taken to a nearby hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Detectives are requesting anyone with information concerning the identity of the person of interest contact them.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Detective D. Smith with the Fayetteville Police Department at (910) 433-1901 or Crimestoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Community shaken after young parents killed in horrific crash involving six cars
- VIDEO: House crumbles, plunges off hill during landslide
- Man meets up with dating app matches, then robs them, Va. police warn
- Former North Carolina Lt. Gov. Bob Jordan dies at 87
- Mom and teen daughter posed as photographers to steal baby, deputies say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now