FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Police have identified a motorcyclist who died after a crash in Fayetteville Saturday evening, police said.
The incident was reported just before 6:45 p.m. along the All American Expressway near Cliffdale Road, according to a news release from Fayetteville police.
The wreck happened as the motorcyclist was heading south along the All American Expressway when he “lost control of the motorcycle,” the news release said.
The motorcyclist, identified as Jon Weldon, 50, of Fayetteville was taken to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center where he later died.
No other vehicles were involved in the wreck, police said. Weldon was operating a 2004 Harley Davidson, police said.
Two of three southbound lanes of the All American Expressway were closed after the crash.
- Local social justice groups aiming to have voting rights restored for convicted felons
- Cumberland County mom says teacher made son with autism stand alone outside
- Former Johnston Co. Superintendent seeking large pension payout
- Chlorine spill closes Durham intersection
- Death of Orange County man found in yard result of gun battle, sheriff says
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now