FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Police have identified a motorcyclist who died after a crash in Fayetteville Saturday evening, police said.
The incident was reported just before 6:45 p.m. along the All American Expressway near Cliffdale Road, according to a news release from Fayetteville police.
The wreck happened as the motorcyclist was heading south along the All American Expressway when he “lost control of the motorcycle,” the news release said.
The motorcyclist, identified as Jon Weldon, 50, of Fayetteville was taken to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center where he later died.
No other vehicles were involved in the wreck, police said. Weldon was operating a 2004 Harley Davidson, police said.
Two of three southbound lanes of the All American Expressway were closed after the crash.
- Mooney, Gibbs lead Notre Dame to 87-71 win over Miami
- 2 bystanders and 3rd person shot when suspect opens fire inside La. restaurant
- Triangle-area police chiefs, chief justice appear on ‘Law & Order’ panel in Durham
- Man hits other man’s backside, walks out on tab next night, Myrtle Beach police say
- Wendell mom dies in Wake County crash on Ten Ten Road, officials say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now