HOPE MILLS, N.C. (WNCN) — Authorities are investigating after a body was found on a pedestrian bridge over Hope Mills Lake.
According to Hope Mills police, a passerby spotted the body sometime between 7:30 a.m. and 8 a.m.
Police said they don’t believe residents in the area should be concerned for their safety.
The name of the deceased person has not been released at this time.
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- VDH confirms first child death due to COVID-19 is teen in the Southside Health District
- Foot Locker turning U.S. stores into temporary voter registration sites
- 2 groups exchanged gunfire outside North Carolina day care, police say
- North Carolina Marine – the oldest living – celebrates 107th birthday
- Garner chief: Police chase of stolen vehicle ends when it crashes into Raleigh house
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now