FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — A motorcyclist and that person’s passenger died in a crash with an SUV on Sunday afternoon in Fayetteville, police said.
The wreck closed Bunce Road between Portsmouth Drive and Pleasant Street while police investigated, according to a Fayetteville police news release.
The incident was reported just after 5:20 p.m. along Bunce Road near St Louis Street, police said.
The crash happened as the motorcyclist was on Bunce Road heading toward Raeford Road while the SUV was on Bunce Road heading toward Cliffdale Road, police said.
The motorcyclist died at the scene. The passenger of the motorcycle died later, according to police.
The driver of the SUV was taken to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries.
The identities of those involved are being withheld until immediate family members can be notified, police said.
No other details have been released.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC reports 1,167 COVID-19 cases, 1 new death with sharp jump in cases
- NC mom abandoned baby in plastic bag at church parking lot, deputies say
- NC man stole SUV after killing mom, grandparents in shooting, deputies say
- Wake County contractor positive for COVID-19; 16 healthcare workers exposed and symptomatic, officials say
- Country music singer Joe Diffie dies from COVID-19 complications
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now