FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Police say Highway 87, which was closed due to a fatal crash Tuesday afternoon, has been reopened.
The identity of the driver who died in the crash remains unknown.
Police say around 1:41 p.m., officers responded to a crash along Highway 87 at Martin Luther King Jr. Freeway between Gillespie Street and Robeson Street.
A preliminary investigation revealed a vehicle ran off the roadway and down a ravine.
The driver, police say, was pronounced dead on the scene.
- Holly Springs sweeps non-conference slate with 49-20 win at Cary
- Drive of the Week: Holly Springs wastes no time opening scoring | Week 5
- Nose gear collapses as small plane lands at Fayetteville airport
- Wes Hohenstein visits Easley Elementary School 2nd graders
- Blitz High School Football Scoreboard | Week 5
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now