FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Police say Highway 87, which was closed due to a fatal crash Tuesday afternoon, has been reopened.
The identity of the driver who died in the crash remains unknown.
Police say around 1:41 p.m., officers responded to a crash along Highway 87 at Martin Luther King Jr. Freeway between Gillespie Street and Robeson Street.
A preliminary investigation revealed a vehicle ran off the roadway and down a ravine.
The driver, police say, was pronounced dead on the scene.
- Tornado warning issued for part of Warren County
- President Trump says he’s asked DOJ to expedite investigation into the death of George Floyd
- Ft. Bragg soldier goes missing at North Carolina’s coast
- Johnston County Public Schools names new superintendent
- Families of Butner inmates concerned as COVID-19 death toll rises at federal prison
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now