FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Police say Highway 87, which was closed due to a fatal crash Tuesday afternoon, has been reopened.
The identity of the driver who died in the crash remains unknown.
Police say around 1:41 p.m., officers responded to a crash along Highway 87 at Martin Luther King Jr. Freeway between Gillespie Street and Robeson Street.
A preliminary investigation revealed a vehicle ran off the roadway and down a ravine.
The driver, police say, was pronounced dead on the scene.
- Hurricanes top Blackhawks 4-2 for 4th straight win
- 3 pets rescued, Wake Forest family loses home to fire
- Crews in process of removing Confederate statue in Pittsboro Tuesday night
- Parents argue against elements of Wake County schools reassignment plan
- ‘I don’t regret it,’ mom says after hitting 2 women with car at school
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now