FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – We have a weekend traffic alert for Cumberland County.
Overnight road work will cause a portion of southbound Interstate 295 to close Friday night and Saturday night. The North Carolina Department of Transportation said the contractor working on the next segment of the Fayetteville Outer Loop (future of I-295) needs to replace signs and lane markings.
The road work is in anticipation of the opening of another six-mile segment from the All American Freeway to Cliffdale Road in western Fayetteville.
Interstate 295 south will be closed between the Murchison Road and Bragg Boulevard exits Friday and Saturday 8 p.m. until 6 a.m. the next morning.
A signed detour will be in place.
Southbound drivers will get off the outer loop at Murchison Road and right onto Shaw Road to reach Bragg Boulevard.
From there, drivers can re-enter the outer loop or continue west onto Santa Fe Drive to reach the All American Freeway.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Krzyzewski wins 217th game with Duke ranked No. 1 in romp
- Dog stolen from California in 2015 found with burglary suspects in Florida
- NC man accused of trying to set neighbor’s house on fire twice
- Giroux’s 4-point night leads Flyers past Canes, 5-3
- Blount leads NC Central past Bluefield State 68-44
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now