FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – We have a weekend traffic alert for Cumberland County.
Overnight road work will cause a portion of southbound Interstate 295 to close Friday night and Saturday night. The North Carolina Department of Transportation said the contractor working on the next segment of the Fayetteville Outer Loop (future of I-295) needs to replace signs and lane markings.
The road work is in anticipation of the opening of another six-mile segment from the All American Freeway to Cliffdale Road in western Fayetteville.
Interstate 295 south will be closed between the Murchison Road and Bragg Boulevard exits Friday and Saturday 8 p.m. until 6 a.m. the next morning.
A signed detour will be in place.
Southbound drivers will get off the outer loop at Murchison Road and right onto Shaw Road to reach Bragg Boulevard.
From there, drivers can re-enter the outer loop or continue west onto Santa Fe Drive to reach the All American Freeway.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Sheriff: At least 8 killed in plane collision at Idaho lake
- Gov. Cooper vetoes SB 168 after days of protests
- Data: More than 16K employers in NC received PPP loans of at least $150K
- Some utilities concerned about NC order that allows late payments without cutoffs
- NC lawmakers to have more oversight of state DOT
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now