FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – We have a weekend traffic alert for Cumberland County.
Overnight road work will cause a portion of southbound Interstate 295 to close Friday night and Saturday night. The North Carolina Department of Transportation said the contractor working on the next segment of the Fayetteville Outer Loop (future of I-295) needs to replace signs and lane markings.
The road work is in anticipation of the opening of another six-mile segment from the All American Freeway to Cliffdale Road in western Fayetteville.
Interstate 295 south will be closed between the Murchison Road and Bragg Boulevard exits Friday and Saturday 8 p.m. until 6 a.m. the next morning.
A signed detour will be in place.
Southbound drivers will get off the outer loop at Murchison Road and right onto Shaw Road to reach Bragg Boulevard.
From there, drivers can re-enter the outer loop or continue west onto Santa Fe Drive to reach the All American Freeway.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- State officials seek more New Orleans tourism after mayor approves fines up to $500
- $11.5 million in grants awarded to coastal NC for Hurricane Florence damage
- 2 dead after Navy plane crashes in Alabama neighborhood
- NC woman charged with murder after Davison County baby dies following methadone exposure
- 19-year-old killed, 14-year-old injured after shooting in Robeson County
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now