FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — A Cumberland County school is honoring their seniors in a special way since graduation ceremonies are being altered.
Senior portraits are on a roadside banner at Cape Fear High School.
The principal says he contacted Carlton Hubbard Photography to design the banner.
He says it’s been emotional for parents and students to drive by and see the portraits.
“Happy, excited but also sad — you see them they come up to take pictures of their child and they got the little tear in their eye a little bit. I think that’s part of it the emotional piece but they’ve been appreciative of it,” said principal Brian Edkins.
Next to the banners, the bus drivers spelled out “2020” with their buses.
They flew a drone to get video of it from above.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 2 injured after police officer drives car through crowd of 100 at street race
- NC teen and woman among 4 killed after car crashes into pond in Myrtle Beach
- Flight to Raleigh from Florida hits bird on takeoff; jet returns to gate
- Man injured in daytime shooting in Durham, police say
- Authorities investigate blast at anti-gay California church