FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Authorities in Cumberland County said Sunday night they are investigating a threat posted on social media about a high school.
The Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office said deputies were notified Sunday afternoon about the threat made on Instagram.
“The threat stated that Terry Sanford would experience (an) active shooter situation,” a Facebook post from Cumberland County Sheriff Ennis Wright said.
Detectives are investigating the threat, Ennis said.
“All threats of violence at a school are taken very seriously and will be investigated thoroughly and expeditiously for everyone’s safety,” the post on Facebook said.
- Police respond after students involved in fight at NC high school
- Child dies after fire at NC apartments; another victim severely injured
- Woman shoots man in neck, leads law on high-speed chase, SC deputies say
- NC animal clinic no longer accepting donations for the ‘World’s Worst Cat’
- NC woman facing 40 counts of animal cruelty after dogs seized