FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – Fayetteville police are investigating after a man was shot and another man was hurt in a domestic incident Thursday night, according to a news release.
Police responded to the 700 block of Topeka Street at 9:51 p.m. Thursday in reference to reports that a person had been shot. Officers arrived to find two men in need of medical attention.
One of the men had been shot in the neck, police said.
Officers performed life-saving measures until emergency medical personnel arrived, the release said.
The preliminary investigation led officers to believe the matter is a domestic incident. A physical altercation ensued after the suspect shot the victim. Both were taken to the hospital in critical condition with life-threatening injuries, police said.
Anyone with information is asked to call Det. D. Smith at 910-818-2169 or Fayetteville Crimestoppers at 910-483-TIPS.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Local Dentists work overtime to keep patients, staff safe
- Tuesday, May 26th : Toddler Patience Challenge FAIL, Dentists work overtime to keep clients safe
- Trump says he’s no longer taking hydroxychloroquine
- Focus on your health as NC businesses start to re-open
- Georgia governor offers state as alternative GOP convention host
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now