FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – Sprint customers are reporting a 911 outage in Fayetteville, according to a Facebook post by the Fayetteville Police Department.
“Sprint customers can still dial 911, but if the line gets disconnected, our 911 center will not be able to call the customer back,” the post said.
Callers are encouraged to stay on the line until the 911 call is complete. Those who get disconnected are asked to call 911 back.
“An estimated time frame for the fix is not currently available,” the post said.
Sprint said the problem is “a network issue with International Roaming that we are aware of.” The company also said that, while there is no estimated time for the fix, its network team “is working round the clock to resolve this issue.”
- Hashtags parents use could attract child predators
- New York woman in hospice gets sweet surprise on husband’s 91st birthday
- Greenville restaurant donates sales to American Immigration Council after ‘send her back’ rally chant
- Passengers on Southwest flight get free Nintendo Switch
- Texas woman pleads guilty in shooting deaths of 2 daughters
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now