FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Fayetteville police have identified the victim of an August 8 homicide that occurred along that 5900 block of Cliffdale Road.
Police say McKinley Summers Jr., 30, was found in his vehicle with a gunshot wound. He later died in the hospital.
Summers Jr. leaves behind four children.
Detectives have obtained information indicating the suspect(s) were operating a silver Dodge with black rims or missing hub caps.
The vehicle was last seen in the area of Cliffdale Road and Skibo Road as well as the area of Raeford Road and Hope Mills Road.
Detectives are seeking the public’s assistance in the identification or any sightings of a vehicle matching this description.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Dad used 11-month-old as ‘human shield’ in drug deal; baby shot multiple times
- Hillsborough teen charged with threatening to shoot up Orange County school
- Nike debuts sneakers designed for nurses and doctors
- North Carolina Museum of History debuts Supreme Court anniversary exhibit
- Raleigh police investigating armed robbery at Circle K, suspects on the run
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now