FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Fayetteville police have identified the victim of an August 8 homicide that occurred along that 5900 block of Cliffdale Road.
Police say McKinley Summers Jr., 30, was found in his vehicle with a gunshot wound. He later died in the hospital.
Summers Jr. leaves behind four children.
Detectives have obtained information indicating the suspect(s) were operating a silver Dodge with black rims or missing hub caps.
The vehicle was last seen in the area of Cliffdale Road and Skibo Road as well as the area of Raeford Road and Hope Mills Road.
Detectives are seeking the public’s assistance in the identification or any sightings of a vehicle matching this description.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- ‘I’m out of money’: Some bar owners look for relief after Gov. Cooper extends Phase 2 in NC
- Facebook, citing coronavirus misinformation, deletes Trump post
- Nearly all Wayne County schools returning under full remote instruction
- North Carolina’s history with women’s suffrage on the 100th anniversary of the 19th Amendment
- UNC students concerned after video surfaces of crowded sorority rush party
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now