FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — Fayetteville police have identified the victim of an August 8 homicide that occurred along that 5900 block of Cliffdale Road.
Police say McKinley Summers Jr., 30, was found in his vehicle with a gunshot wound. He later died in the hospital.
Summers Jr. leaves behind four children.
Detectives have obtained information indicating the suspect(s) were operating a silver Dodge with black rims or missing hub caps.
The vehicle was last seen in the area of Cliffdale Road and Skibo Road as well as the area of Raeford Road and Hope Mills Road.
Detectives are seeking the public’s assistance in the identification or any sightings of a vehicle matching this description.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- North Carolina legislative remap complete; court review next
- Jimmy Carter says he couldn’t have managed presidency at 80
- Suspects in Fuquay-Varina Sheetz shooting also charged in earlier car break-ins
- Former NC firefighter accused of secretly recording teen girl in bathroom
- Texas School for the Deaf wins new football equipment, message from Peyton Manning
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now