FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – A road was closed in Fayetteville late Monday night as police investigated after a woman was hit and killed by a car, a news release said.
Police responded to the intersection of Pamalee Drive and Capri Street around 10:15 p.m. Monday. They arrived to find a woman lying in the road who had been struck by a vehicle, officials said.
The woman, who was not identified, was taken to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center where she later died.
Police said just before 11:30 p.m. that Pamalee Drive was closed between Gardner Street and Lady Cheryl Drive as officers investigated the crash. Drivers were asked to take a different route. The road reopened around 1:30 a.m., police said.
No charges have been filed in the crash at this time.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Dancing trucker turns up at inauguration protest to promote peace
- Small numbers of protesters gather at fortified US capitols
- Two teens fatally shoot each other in Louisiana
- Families, activists hold protest demanding Durham Housing Authority fix problems
- Train collides with car left on railroad tracks in Cary, police say