FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — A woman died after a crash in Fayetteville Tuesday evening, police said.
The two-car wreck was reported just after 6:20 p.m. along the along the 600 block of Country Club Drive, according to a news release from Fayetteville police.
The crash happened when two cars collided and one of them then hit a utility pole, the news release said.
A woman driving one the vehicles was ejected from her car, police said.
She was taken to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center with life-threatening injuries and was pronounced dead at the hospital, according to the news release. She has been identified as 57-year-old Christine Harris, of Fayetteville.
The other driver, a 28-year-old man from Fayetteville, suffered non-life threatening injuries and was also taken to a nearby hospital, police said.
Eastbound lanes of Country Club Drive were closed Tuesday night from Rosehill Road to Harveydale Drive.
No charges have been filed at this time and the crash remains under investigation.
Anyone with information regarding this crash investigation is asked to contact Officer Biggerstaff at (910) 751-1382 or Crimestoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Durham County receives Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine; still no word about mass vaccination clinic
- 2 from NC among college baseball players arrested for hazing, SC deputies say
- 7-year-old girl who sold lemonade to pay for brain surgery recovering after procedure
- Police investigating shooting at Charlotte Walmart on Monday night
- SC man used crossbow to rob woman outside Myrtle Beach hotel, police say