FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — A woman died after a crash in Fayetteville Tuesday evening, police said.
The two-car wreck was reported just after 6:20 p.m. along the along the 600 block of Country Club Drive, according to a news release from Fayetteville police.
The crash happened when two cars collided and one of them then hit a utility pole, the news release said.
A woman driving one the vehicles was ejected from her car, police said.
She was taken to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center with life-threatening injuries and was pronounced dead at the hospital, according to the news release. She has been identified as 57-year-old Christine Harris, of Fayetteville.
The other driver, a 28-year-old man from Fayetteville, suffered non-life threatening injuries and was also taken to a nearby hospital, police said.
Eastbound lanes of Country Club Drive were closed Tuesday night from Rosehill Road to Harveydale Drive.
No charges have been filed at this time and the crash remains under investigation.
Anyone with information regarding this crash investigation is asked to contact Officer Biggerstaff at (910) 751-1382 or Crimestoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- About 8,000 Wake County students gradually returning to classrooms starting Monday
- Despite aide’s COVID-19 diagnosis, Pence campaigns for Trump in Kinston
- Bikers gather to honor memory of Florida officer killed in line of duty in 2005
- Woman, 2 men killed, another woman injured after BMW hits tree, splits in half in Virginia
- 3 dead, woman seriously injured after car hits tree along Norfolk road