FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — A woman is now listed in stable condition after Fayetteville police say she was hit by a vehicle Thursday night.
Police were dispatched to the 1600-block of Ireland Drive around 9:48 p.m. for reports of a pedestrian being hit by a vehicle.
Investigators say a woman had been struck in the roadway and was transported to the hospital with life-threatening injuries. Police said Friday morning that the woman was from Rochester, New York, and was walking in the road when she was hit.
She is now listed in stable condition.
Ireland Drive between Coventry Road and Lenoir Street was shut down while officers investigated the scene.
The collision is under investigation but no charges have been filed at this time.
Anyone with information regarding this shooting investigation is asked to contact Specialist J. Smith with the Fayetteville Police Department at (910) 703-0430, or Fayetteville / Cumberland County Crimestoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Focus on your health as NC businesses start to re-open
- Georgia governor offers state as alternative GOP convention host
- Monday, May 25th: Take care of yourself as NC starts to re-open
- World Anti-Doping Agency looks to artificial intelligence to catch dopers
- Holiday weekend crowds trigger COVID warnings
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now