FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — A woman died in a motorcyclist crash in Fayetteville Sunday afternoon, police say.
The incident was reported just after 2:50 p.m. on Santa Fe Drive at the All American Freeway, according to a news release from Fayetteville police.
A motorcycle and another vehicle were involved in the wreck. The body of a woman was found at the scene when police arrived, officials said.
Police said the woman who died was the motorcycle driver.
Santa Fe Drive was closed at the All American Freeway until about 5:30 p.m.
“Motorists are encouraged to avoid the area and seek an alternate route until the roadway can be reopened,” the news release said.
The identity of the woman will not be released until police contact her family.
Anyone with information regarding the traffic crash are asked to contact Officers with the Fayetteville Police Department’s Traffic Unit at (910) 433-1807 or Crimestoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477).
- Teen girl seriously injured in stabbing in Raleigh, police say
- ‘This is the year of sudden change’: UNC’s Mack Brown ready for curveballs
- Raleigh police investigating shooting near downtown
- ‘I’m sick of it’: Families impacted by Durham gun violence call for more action
- COVID-19 outbreak persists at Johnston County nursing home
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now