ENFIELD, N.C. (WNCN) — A person was found dead in a pond in Halifax County on Sunday morning.
The incident was discovered at a privately owned pond along Pinto Lane, which is off U.S. 301 about six miles north of Enfield.
A man who owns the home where the incident happened came outside around 8:30 a.m. and discovered a car in the pond along with a body.
The homeowner said several Halifax County Sheriff’s Office deputies were at the scene.
The car and body were later removed from the pond. There is no word on the identity of the person who died or how the incident happened.
CBS 17 has reached out to the Halifax County Sheriff’s Office for information about the incident.
- Couple accused of having sex on Myrtle Beach SkyWheel accused of other sex acts elsewhere
- Friday, January 22nd: Friday fashion and bloopers
- Trump impeachment to go to Senate Monday, triggering trial
- Myrtle Beach trio arrested for meth trafficking in NC
- We sit down and meet Mrs. North Carolina American Beauties Plus 2020