ENFIELD, N.C. (WNCN) — A person was found dead in a pond in Halifax County on Sunday morning.
The incident was discovered at a privately owned pond along Pinto Lane, which is off U.S. 301 about six miles north of Enfield.
A man who owns the home where the incident happened came outside around 8:30 a.m. and discovered a car in the pond along with a body.
The homeowner said several Halifax County Sheriff’s Office deputies were at the scene.
The car and body were later removed from the pond. There is no word on the identity of the person who died or how the incident happened.
CBS 17 has reached out to the Halifax County Sheriff’s Office for information about the incident.
- Liberty University professor accused of sexual battery and abduction by force involving student
- Woman, 2 men charged after cars hit by gunfire outside Walmart in Virginia
- Sheriff’s office photo of ‘Santa’ getting concealed handgun permit prompts outrage
- 6 South Carolina detention center inmates awarded GED certificates
- Panthers fire OC Joe Brady