CAMERON, N.C. (WNCN) — Harnett County authorities say they have a suspect in custody after a man was shot multiple times in his home earlier this week.
Donte Berryman, 21, of Sanford was arrested Friday, the Harnett County Sheriff’s Office said.
The shooting happened just before 11 p.m. after someone reported hearing gunshots in the 300 block of Heritage Way, according to the Harnett County Sheriff’s Office.
John Newby, 41, was found lying outside his home near his vehicle suffering from multiple gunshot wounds, the sheriff’s office said.
Newby was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment.
Berryman is charged with attempted murder and assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury.
CBS 17 will update this story.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC State shakes off Daniels injury, snap losing streak in win over Wake Forest
- FDA places import alert on Mexican hand sanitizers over ‘toxic ingredients’ – see the list of sanitizers to avoid
- Winston-Salem police investigating after body found is identified as man missing since November
- Biggest snow of season still on track overnight for central NC
- Convenience vs. privacy: How apps like Facebook Messenger spy on users