WILSON, N.C. (WNCN) — Deputies in Wilson say a 2-month-old is in the hospital with a skull fracture after being stabbed in the head during a fight between the infant’s parents.
Wilson County sheriff’s deputies were dispatched to a home on Yank Road near Wilson around 4:45 a.m. Wednesday.
Witnesses told deputies that an infant was bleeding resulting from a fight between Angel Marie Webb, 21, and Eusebio Munoz Jr., 21.
An investigation revealed that Munoz was holding the infant when Webb tried to stab him with a screwdriver before missing and stabbing the 2-month-old in the head instead.
Deputies say the infant was taken to the hospital and placed in the intensive care unit.
Webb was charged with felony child abuse inflicting serious bodily injury and misdemeanor assault with a deadly weapon. She was released Wednesday on a $5,000 secured bond.
Munoz was charged with misdemeanor child abuse and was also released on a $5,000 bond.
- Durham County Public Schools holds virtual town hall, Cumberland schools approve plan
- NC officials say protests did not lead to spike in COVID-19 cases
- Doctors note new COVID-19 symptoms in young adults
- Pentagon officials: Investigation into removal of protesters near White House almost done
- Families alarmed by gunshots near youth baseball game in Goldsboro
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now