WILSON, N.C. (WNCN) — Deputies in Wilson say a 2-month-old is in the hospital with a skull fracture after being stabbed in the head during a fight between the infant’s parents.
Wilson County sheriff’s deputies were dispatched to a home on Yank Road near Wilson around 4:45 a.m. Wednesday.
Witnesses told deputies that an infant was bleeding resulting from a fight between Angel Marie Webb, 21, and Eusebio Munoz Jr., 21.
An investigation revealed that Munoz was holding the infant when Webb tried to stab him with a screwdriver before missing and stabbing the 2-month-old in the head instead.
Deputies say the infant was taken to the hospital and placed in the intensive care unit.
Webb was charged with felony child abuse inflicting serious bodily injury and misdemeanor assault with a deadly weapon. She was released Wednesday on a $5,000 secured bond.
Munoz was charged with misdemeanor child abuse and was also released on a $5,000 bond.
- COVID-19 variant found by NC lab could mean trouble for health systems
- 40 Johnston County Public Schools employees receive 1st dose of COVID-19 vaccine
- Trump extends Secret Service protection to 14 family members, reports say
- More than 43,000 sign up for Wake County’s COVID-19 vaccine waitlist
- Registered sex offender arrested on 30 child sex crime charges in Moore County