MONCURE, N.C. (WNCN) — Authorities in Chatham County are investigating a murder-suicide that happened Sunday afternoon, officials said.
The incident was reported in the Moncure area just after 5:30 p.m., according to a news release from Chatham County Sheriff’s Office Lt. Sara Pack.
Pack said the initial call was for a report of “shots fired.”
“The incident is not considered to be random and there is no ongoing threat to the community at large,” the news release said.
Pack did not release any more details about the location or incident.
“No names have been released at this time as the investigation remains ongoing,” the news release said.
The North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation is also involved in the case, the news release said.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Tropical Storm Bertha forms off SC coast, expected to reach inland NC tonight
- Wedding photography company refuses to refund money after bride-to-be dies
- California sues over sex misconduct on ‘Criminal Minds’ set
- Michigan sheriff who protested governor’s stay-home order stays home to work
- NC police officer, suspect injured in officer-involved shooting
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now