MONCURE, N.C. (WNCN) — Authorities in Chatham County are investigating a murder-suicide that happened Sunday afternoon, officials said.
The incident was reported in the Moncure area just after 5:30 p.m., according to a news release from Chatham County Sheriff’s Office Lt. Sara Pack.
Pack said the initial call was for a report of “shots fired.”
“The incident is not considered to be random and there is no ongoing threat to the community at large,” the news release said.
Pack did not release any more details about the location or incident.
“No names have been released at this time as the investigation remains ongoing,” the news release said.
The North Carolina State Bureau of Investigation is also involved in the case, the news release said.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- CDC sets rules for cruise trial runs
- Raleigh police investigating after woman found dead downtown
- White House, lawmakers push to get kids back into the classroom
- Stimulus checks: Over 1 million more just went out — here’s who got one
- NC House votes to end pistol permit requirement, bill heads to Senate