DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – Two 24-year-old men were charged in connection with a 2016 murder, according to a Friday news release from Durham police.
Brandon Patterson and Eric Holland are charged with murder and conspiracy to commit murder. Holland is currently incarcerated at the Forsyth County Jail on a federal detainer, the release said.
Patterson is not yet in custody. Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to call Investigator Mitchell at 919-560-4440, ext. 29335, or call CrimeStoppers at 919-683-1200.
Officers responded to a shooting call on Sept. 12, 2016. When they arrived at the scene near the intersection of East Main and Elm streets shortly after 7 p.m., they found 34-year-old Larry Donnell Owens lying on the sidewalk, the release said.
Owens died at the scene.
No further information was available.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- COVID-19 cases among children in U.S. up 90% over 4 weeks, report says
- Perseid meteor shower to peak Tuesday night; here’s how to watch
- Base that once held Durham County’s Confederate statue removed
- Child care hotline helps NC families find care for children amid pandemic
- Want some coffee with your coffee? Dunkin’ launching cereal line
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now