DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — Durham police are investigating after they say one person was killed and another was injured during a shooting Thursday.
Officers responded to a shooting call in the 1300 block of Hill Street shortly before 4:30 p.m. When they arrived, they found two men who had been shot. One man was pronounced dead at the scene. The second man was taken to the hospital for treatment.
Police on Friday morning identified the man killed as Robert Darrell Taylor, Jr., 22, of Durham. The other person injured is an 18-year-old male, according to officials. He was seriously injured.
There is no word on what prompted the shooting and no charges have been filed at this time.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- INCREDIBLE VIDEO: Trooper pulls man from crashed car just seconds before train hits
- NC mom says assistant principal preyed on her son for sex
- Lingerie store that doubled as secret strip club is closed down
- Deputies ask man to quit calling about his stolen marijuana
- Jay Bilas, NC congressman weigh in on NCAA’s ‘Fair Pay to Play’ issue
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now