DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — Durham police are investigating after they say one person was killed and another was injured during a shooting Thursday.
Officers responded to a shooting call in the 1300 block of Hill Street shortly before 4:30 p.m. When they arrived, they found two men who had been shot. One man was pronounced dead at the scene. The second man was taken to the hospital for treatment.
Police on Friday morning identified the man killed as Robert Darrell Taylor, Jr., 22, of Durham. The other person injured is an 18-year-old male, according to officials. He was seriously injured.
There is no word on what prompted the shooting and no charges have been filed at this time.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Police: 9-year-old shot, killed in Durham; 8-year-old wounded
- Florida man who allegedly said he wants to set record and kill 100 people in mass shooting is arrested
- Four Loko teases new seltzer with nearly triple the alcohol content of its competitors
- Man finds 50-year-old message in a bottle from Russian Navy on Alaskan shore
- Expert: These car seats sold online are ‘not safe at all’
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now