DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – Durham police are investigating a deadly crash that happened Friday night near the intersection of Holloway Street and Lynn Road.
Authorities say 32-year-old Xavier Lee was killed in the crash.
The wreck happened just before 10 p.m when a 1997 Subaru Legacy collided with a 2006 Chevrolet Suburban.
Police say the Suburban was going eastbound on Holloway Street when its front bumper collided with the passenger door of the westbound Subaru which was making a left turn onto Lynn Road.
The collision forced the Subaru off the roadway and caused the Suburban to overturn and land on its driver’s side approximately 70 feet from the intersection.
The driver of the Subaru was transported to the hospital with serious injuries. Lee was the passenger in the Subaru and was also transported to the hospital but died a short time later.
The driver of the Suburban was treated at the scene for minor injuries.
Authorities say neither speed nor impairment were factors in the crash.
No charges have been filed
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- No. 11 Miami holds off Virginia 19-14, moves to 5-1
- Durham event makes room for more outdoor dining at downtown businesses
- Top Pence aide tests positive for coronavirus, vice president to go forward with Kinston trip, officials say
- NC officials shut down church as ‘imminent hazard’ citing link to 3 deaths among 121 COVID-19 cases
- Charlotte police dodge gunfire while trying to stop driver at break-in call
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now