DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — The second deadly motorcycle crash in central North Carolina Sunday afternoon happened in Durham, police said.
The first deadly crash Sunday involved a woman motorcyclist in Fayetteville around 2:30 p.m.
In a wreck around 5:30 p.m. just off Interstate 85 in Durham, another fatality was reported involving a motorcyclist in a crash, Durham police said.
That wreck happened when a motorcycle collided with a 2003 Chevrolet Silverado that was heading south on Guess Road at the intersection with North Pointe Drive, according to Durham police.
A 30-year-old man, who was driving a 2003 Honda motorcycle north on Guess Road, died, police said. The man was identified Monday as Laquinton Eurkuo Pittman.
The driver of the Silverado, a 56-year-old Hillsborough man, was not injured.
“No charges have been filed at this time, however speed (motorcycle) was a factor in the crash,” Durham police said in a news release around 10 p.m. Sunday.
Police said Monday morning that no charges have been filed.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Pence campaigns to enthusiastic crowd at Wilson County rally
- Wake Forest wins 4th straight, overpowering Syracuse 38-14
- Williams scores 2 TDs, Notre Dame stifles Georgia Tech 31-13
- Police use pepper spray, arrest 8 demonstrators at Graham voting rally
- Possible abduction reported in Fayetteville after teen girl seen forced into car, police say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now