DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — Restaurants all over the Triangle are hurting as the coronavirus has forced them to allow takeout and delivery orders only.
However, for one restaurant that solely does takeout orders, the owner said the pandemic has not hurt his business at all.
Carl Richardson owns Big C Waffles, a local chicken and waffle shop in Durham that only does takeout orders.
Richardson expected their sales to go down like all of the other restaurants in the Triangle.
However, he said just the opposite happened.
“Business has picked up significantly,” Richardson said. “I would say 10% to 15% more customers.”
Richardson said he thinks this is because customers remember their business model is already “takeout.”
“We also have new customers that are coming,” Richardson said.
Richardson said while so many other businesses are suffering, they are using this time to give back.
He said they have already reached out to the community on social media and delivered meals to families who are suffering during this time.
“We’re all definitely in it together, we just have to come together as a community,” Richardson said. “We’re definitely changing lives, one waffle at a time.”
CBS 17 reached out to some pizza delivery businesses in the Triangle to see if they have seen a boost in business as well, but we have not yet heard back.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 911 calls released in shootout involving NC teacher and Mexican drug cartel
- UNC expert says it’s early to assume a COVID-19 booster will be needed, but good to be prepared
- Residents displaced after fire heavily damages house in Durham
- What’s causing allergic reactions to some COVID-19 vaccines? UNC working on an answer
- Sponsored Content: Don’t do it Yourself. Leave the Remodeling of Your Floors to the Professionals