DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — A man was killed in a shooting near apartments in Durham on Sunday afternoon, police said.
The incident was reported around 1:15 p.m. in front of McDougald Terrace building 37 near the intersection of Wabash Street and Ridgeway Avenue, according to Durham police.
“When officers arrived, they found a man who had been shot. He was pronounced dead at the scene,” Durham police said in a news release.
The victim was later identified as Maurice Daye, 19, of Durham.
A female was also shot but her injury is considered non-life threatening.
As of 3:45 p.m., Durham police had blocked the road in the area.
No other details were available about the homicide.
Anyone with information about the deadly shooting is asked to call Investigator Brinkley at (919) 560-4440, ext. 29322 or CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Domestic violence suspect stabbed California K-9 before officers fatally shot him, police say
- Convicted sex offenders caught smuggling migrants in California
- Kansas man learns his license plate has a twin when another driver’s bills arrive
- Durham police responding to shots fired find man dead in car
- ‘I’m in heaven’: Beer becomes available, creating frenzy in Tijuana
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now