DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — A man was killed in a shooting near apartments in Durham on Sunday afternoon, police said.
The incident was reported around 1:15 p.m. in front of McDougald Terrace building 37 near the intersection of Wabash Street and Ridgeway Avenue, according to Durham police.
“When officers arrived, they found a man who had been shot. He was pronounced dead at the scene,” Durham police said in a news release.
The victim was later identified as Maurice Daye, 19, of Durham.
A female was also shot but her injury is considered non-life threatening.
As of 3:45 p.m., Durham police had blocked the road in the area.
No other details were available about the homicide.
Anyone with information about the deadly shooting is asked to call Investigator Brinkley at (919) 560-4440, ext. 29322 or CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Fans allowed back in the stands at Wake County school sporting events
- 7 arrested after long-term NC investigation into illegal drug sales
- Man reaches through NC home’s open window, grabs 14-year-old girl
- There’s something in the water off Virginia Beach: Shrimp!
- No. 6 Duke comes up short against No. 8 Michigan State