DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — A man was wounded in a shooting in Durham Tuesday evening, police said.
The incident was reported to the media by police just after 6:30 p.m.
A 27-year-old man was hit by gunfire in the 2800 block of Courtney Creek Boulevard, according to police.
A witness told CBS 17 that the victim was driving a car and leaving an apartment complex near the 2800 block of Courtney Creek Boulevard. The man was then was shot in the back while driving and then crashed the car, the witness said.
A wrecked car that appeared to have hit a tree was visible at the scene.
The man suffered serious injuries and was taken to Duke University Medical Center for treatment.
No other information was released.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Man shot ‘several times’ in Durham neighborhood, police say
- 1 now dead after 4 shot in Raleigh, 2 arrests made, police say
- Man shot by officer while reaching for gun in waistband, Ahoskie police say
- Trump’s support hits 6-month high in key battleground states, including NC
- UNC slips a spot in Top 25 poll despite win over NC State; Clemson remains No. 1