DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — A baby was injured in a shooting in Durham on Sunday afternoon, police said.
The incident was reported around 4:15 p.m. in the 1200 block of Truman Street near the McDougald Terrace neighborhood, according to Durham police.
The 1-year-old who was shot was taken to a nearby hospital for treatment. Police later said the baby suffered wounds that were not life-threatening.
There was a large police presence with several evidence markers in the road on Truman Street near Wabash Street.
No suspect information was released by police. No other details were released.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Crews from 2 counties battle silo fire in Sampson County
- Warning issued for Johnston County as minor flooding forecasted for Wednesday
- Starting Tuesday, Pizza Hut is giving away free pizza to 2020 grads
- Wilson gym owner re-opens, plans to file lawsuit against Gov. Cooper
- Families pay their respects at Raleigh National Cemetery on Memorial Day