DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – A 19-year-old was arrested and charged with the May murder of a 16-year-old in Durham, police said Monday.
Quantarius Williams was arrested by members of the U.S. Marshals Service Joint Fugitive Task Force, a news release said. Investigators believe the shooting happened near Fayetteville and Timothy streets.
Officers arrived at the scene of the May 28 shooting to find 16-year-old Duwayne Clay Jr. shot to death in a vehicle, an earlier news release said.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Police officer executed in shooting in Fayetteville, Arkansas, chief says
- Early Christmas event held for pediatric cancer patients at North Hills in Raleigh
- Police in Morrisville warn of ‘porch pirates’ as deliveries spike ahead of Christmas
- NC duo planned to take teen girl from Massachusetts for ‘sexual purposes,’ deputies say
- NC family looking for a home for Christmas after crash knocks car into their house
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now