DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – A 19-year-old was arrested and charged with the May murder of a 16-year-old in Durham, police said Monday.
Quantarius Williams was arrested by members of the U.S. Marshals Service Joint Fugitive Task Force, a news release said. Investigators believe the shooting happened near Fayetteville and Timothy streets.
Officers arrived at the scene of the May 28 shooting to find 16-year-old Duwayne Clay Jr. shot to death in a vehicle, an earlier news release said.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Teen girl seriously injured in stabbing in Raleigh, police say
- ‘This is the year of sudden change’: UNC’s Mack Brown ready for curveballs
- Raleigh police investigating shooting near downtown
- ‘I’m sick of it’: Families impacted by Durham gun violence call for more action
- COVID-19 outbreak persists at Johnston County nursing home
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now