DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – A 19-year-old was arrested and charged with the May murder of a 16-year-old in Durham, police said Monday.
Quantarius Williams was arrested by members of the U.S. Marshals Service Joint Fugitive Task Force, a news release said. Investigators believe the shooting happened near Fayetteville and Timothy streets.
Officers arrived at the scene of the May 28 shooting to find 16-year-old Duwayne Clay Jr. shot to death in a vehicle, an earlier news release said.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Endangered Florida panthers are mysteriously struggling to walk, and wildlife officials don’t know why
- Tennessee police: Dad beat young daughter because of dirty table
- Instagram says there’s “no truth” to new hoax post, so don’t share it
- Is Gov. Cooper on board with tax refund plan?
- Dog stolen from Texas family during road trip rescued by CBS reporter
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now