DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — Two wrecks in one area along Interstate 40 in Durham closed two eastbound lanes for nearly an hour Saturday afternoon near N.C. 55, officials said.
Both crashes were reported just after 4:20 p.m. and closed each outside lane in the eastbound portion of I-40, according to the North Carolina DOT.
The two center lanes of I-40 eastbound remained open, but traffic appeared to be backed up about three miles to N.C. 751, according to traffic cameras and DOT mapping data.
The lanes reopened around 5 p.m., but the shoulder was still closed. The shoulder reopened around 5:45 p.m.
There was no word what caused the crashes, but it was raining at the time.
- Suspects in Fuquay-Varina Sheetz shooting also charged in earlier car break-ins
- Former NC firefighter accused of secretly recording teen girl in bathroom
- Texas School for the Deaf wins new football equipment, message from Peyton Manning
- American cancer survivor swims across English Channel 4 times in a row to set new world record
- Deputies: Couple had sex in patrol car after arrest
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now