DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — Two wrecks in one area along Interstate 40 in Durham closed two eastbound lanes for nearly an hour Saturday afternoon near N.C. 55, officials said.
Both crashes were reported just after 4:20 p.m. and closed each outside lane in the eastbound portion of I-40, according to the North Carolina DOT.
The two center lanes of I-40 eastbound remained open, but traffic appeared to be backed up about three miles to N.C. 751, according to traffic cameras and DOT mapping data.
The lanes reopened around 5 p.m., but the shoulder was still closed. The shoulder reopened around 5:45 p.m.
There was no word what caused the crashes, but it was raining at the time.
- Facebook, citing coronavirus misinformation, deletes Trump post
- Nearly all Wayne County schools returning under full remote instruction
- North Carolina’s history with women’s suffrage on the 100th anniversary of the 19th Amendment
- UNC students concerned after video surfaces of crowded sorority rush party
- Hoke County students recap first day back at school under COVID-19 restrictions
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now