DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — Two wrecks in one area along Interstate 40 in Durham closed two eastbound lanes for nearly an hour Saturday afternoon near N.C. 55, officials said.
Both crashes were reported just after 4:20 p.m. and closed each outside lane in the eastbound portion of I-40, according to the North Carolina DOT.
The two center lanes of I-40 eastbound remained open, but traffic appeared to be backed up about three miles to N.C. 751, according to traffic cameras and DOT mapping data.
The lanes reopened around 5 p.m., but the shoulder was still closed. The shoulder reopened around 5:45 p.m.
There was no word what caused the crashes, but it was raining at the time.
- Dad used 11-month-old as ‘human shield’ in drug deal; baby shot multiple times
- Hillsborough teen charged with threatening to shoot up Orange County school
- Nike debuts sneakers designed for nurses and doctors
- North Carolina Museum of History debuts Supreme Court anniversary exhibit
- Raleigh police investigating armed robbery at Circle K, suspects on the run
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now