DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — Durham police said they arrested two teenage males on Sunday and charged them with an armed robbery that occurred on Evergreen Street.
The males, Alexis Yonathan Pena, 18, and Isaiah Riggan, 16, were arrested shortly after 9 p.m. on June 16.
Police say victims of the robbery were outside when the two teens approached them around 8:45 p.m. and asked for change and cigarettes. One male pointed a gun at the victims and demanded money.
The teens took a small amount of cash and fled in a white Ford pickup truck, police say. Officers later spotted the truck matching the description in the 800 block of East Geer Street.
Pena and Riggan were arrested and charged with robbery with a dangerous weapon, conspiracy to commit robbery with a dangerous weapon and possession of a handgun by a minor. Both teens were placed in the Durham County Jail under $150,000 bonds.
Officers also recovered two guns from the truck, the release said.
- Passengers on Southwest flight get free Nintendo Switch
- Texas woman pleads guilty in shooting deaths of 2 daughters
- 5 guys arrested after fight at Five Guys restaurant in Florida
- Wife convicted in Georgia soldier’s death, guilty of murder
- VIDEO: 6-year-old baseball coach gets ejected, kicks dirt on ump, tosses bats on field
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now