DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — A Durham man died after two people were shot in Durham County Monday afternoon, deputies say.
Deputies responded around 12:45 p.m. to a report of a shooting on the 2800 block of Cheek Road, which is east of the city of Durham.
Two people were taken to the hospital with gunshot wounds, according to a news release from the Durham County Sheriff’s Office.
Damario Isiah Poole, 31, later died, deputies said.
“Investigators continue to process the scene for evidence,” the news release said.
Anyone with information about the shooting should call 919-560-7151 or Durham Crimestoppers at 919-683-1200.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 14-year-old girl wins $25,000 prize for research on potential coronavirus cure
- Man hospitalized after multiple bullet holes found in parked car, Durham police say
- In North Carolina, churches and businesses are supposed to enforce mask use, but many don’t
- NC woman told to pay back nearly $15,000 in unemployment benefits
- North Carolina woman goes to vote; told she’s ineligible because she’s dead
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now