DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — Two children were hurt in a shooting in Durham Monday morning, police said.
Officers received a call for a shooting at a home on McNeil Lane at 12:28 a.m., according to police.
Upon arrival, officers found an 8-year-old girl suffering from gunshot wound to the back. An 11-year-old boy in the home suffered an injury to his arm, police said.
Police originally thought the boy had been shot but his arm had been cut by debris.
Their injuries are considered non-life threatening.
Police said they believe at least one parent was at home at the time of the shooting.
Durham police said shots were fired into the home.
Police said they currently have no suspects, but they do believe a white SUV was involved.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Tropical Storm Chantal forms over the Atlantic
- Daughter of 96-year-old Orange County home-invasion victim: ‘We deserve justice’
- 19-year-old threatens to shoot up an abortion clinic
- Resolution passed in favor of ex-Clayton principal
- 72-year-old man guilty of murder; stabbed victim 250 times
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now