DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — Durham police say two more individuals will be indicted in the death of 9-year-old Z’yon Person.
A Durham grand jury issued indictments against 21-year-old Dival Magwood and 27-year-old Derrick Lamont Dixon for first-degree murder, felony conspiracy to commit murder, assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious bodily injury, five counts of attempted first-degree murder, two counts of discharging a weapon into an occupied property causing serious injury and three counts of discharging a weapon into an occupied vehicle/residence.
Magwood and Dixon are currently in federal custody on unrelated charges.
Person was shot and killed in August. Family says they were headed to get ice cream when someone fired into their SUV. Z’yon’s younger cousin was also shot, but survived.
- Triangle police issue tips for safe holiday shopping
- Diakite, defense lead No. 5 Virginia past No. 7 UNC 56-47
- Raleigh neighbors react after 2 killed, others wounded in weekend shootings, stabbings
- NC State football player cited after rifle accidentally fires in Raleigh apartment, police say
- Sheriff: Threat says Cumberland County school will have ‘active shooter’
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now