DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — “Elevated levels” of carbon monoxide were found in an occupied Durham home Sunday evening, officials said.
The incident was reported just before 7:55 p.m. in the 1100 block of Latitude Drive, a news release from Durham fire officials said.
“On arrival, firefighters found two adults complaining of headaches. Upon further investigation, elevated levels of carbon monoxide were found inside the home,” the news release said.
The people in the home were evaluated, but not taken to a hospital. Two dozen firefighters responded to the scene.
Officials said the source of the carbon monoxide is under investigation.
Click here for tips and information on how to stay safe from carbon monoxide.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Protesters march in downtown Raleigh after gathering outside NC Executive Mansion
- Woman injured after carjacker steals truck with her inside; crashes vehicle at Raleigh mall, police say
- 6 displaced after cooking fire spreads, damaging Durham home
- Peloton treadmill could kill small children and pets, consumer agency warns
- Young NC woman dies in collision with tractor-trailer