DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — Three men have been charged after a man was shot in the head in March and died about a month later in Durham, police said Monday.
Police said the victim, an adult male, was shot in the head inside a building at 143 Commerce Street shortly before 5:45 p.m. on March 20.
Kordell Tashaun Young, 23, of Durham was found by police lying on the ground in front of an apartment.
Young died on April 19 from his wounds, according to police.
Terrance Tyrone Hart, 20, and Khalil Daye, 19, are both charged with first-degree murder, assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury and assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill, according to a Durham police news release.
Hart was also charged with possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
Jaquomie Malike Samuel, 19, was charged with felony conspiracy.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NY lawmakers modify Cuomo’s COVID-19 powers amid sexual harassment allegations
- CAUGHT: Accused serial ‘secret peeper’ of kids in Alexander County now in the spotlight
- Senate Democrats reach deal on jobless benefits, allowing $1.9T COVID relief bill to move ahead
- Man wanted for string of possibly connected sexual assaults in Fayetteville, police say
- Rocky Mount business supports community need with pandemic pivot