DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — Six children were among those displaced when a fire heavily damaged a Durham home Monday afternoon.
The fire was reported just after 1 p.m. at a single-story home in the 200 block of Lynn Road, according to a news release from Durham fire officials.
“Upon arrival of the first engine it was reported that there was heavy fire,” the release said.
Crews were able to extinguish the blaze in just over 15 minutes.
However, “there was a great deal of damage to one room and the roof making it uninhabitable,” the news release said.
The American Red Cross is assisting an adult and six children with housing.
No one was hurt.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Meet Charlotte, a Banded Huntsman Spider who found a home
- Disney honors Chadwick Boseman’s birthday with special ‘Black Panther’ opening
- More than half of police in NC town resign after fellow officer is asked to quit
- America’s growing debt crisis sparks concerns for future generations
- Antibody treatment for high-risk COVID-19 patients now available in Triangle