ORANGE COUNTY, N.C. (WNCN) – Durham police confirmed an armed robbery Wednesday in Orange County devolved into a multi-agency pursuit in Orange and Durham counties.
Orange County deputies and North Carolina State Highway Patrol pursued the suspect. The chase resulted in a minor crash with no accident reported, Durham police said.
Authorities are still searching for the suspect, Durham police said.
CBS 17 is working to learn more from the Orange County Sheriff’s Office about the armed robbery and ensuing chase. This story will be updated as more information is released.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Metal-eating bacteria and corrosion could cause the Titanic to disappear
- 2nd woman charged in hit-and-run that left Wake County teen girl seriously injured
- Endangered Florida panthers are mysteriously struggling to walk, and wildlife officials don’t know why
- Tennessee police: Dad beat young daughter because of dirty table
- Instagram says there’s “no truth” to new hoax post, so don’t share it
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now