DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – A box truck driver was ejected and killed in a crash with a GoTriangle bus on Sunday afternoon, according to Durham police.
The crash occurred at the intersection of Renaissance Parkway and Rolando Drive near The Streets at Southpoint around 3:45 p.m., police said.
According to authorities, the wreck happened when a large box truck made a left turn onto Rolando Drive in the path of a GoTriangle bus. The two vehicles collided, ejecting the truck driver.
The truck driver, later identified as 28-year-old Jacob Kipserem, of Buies Creek, died at the scene, police said.
The bus driver and three passengers on the bus were taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, police said.
Officials said that no charges are pending at this time and neither alcohol nor speed appear to be factors in the fatal crash.
The wreck is under investigation.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 7-year-old Jeopardy! superfan gets sweet message from Alex Trebek after dressing up as ‘mini-Trebek’ for Halloween
- At least 1 dead as Hurricane Zeta hammers Gulf Coast
- U.S. Marshals searching for ‘armed and dangerous’ man in NC
- President Trump targeting rural voters in recent NC campaign stops
- ALERT DAY: Zeta remnants bring severe weather, wind to NC Thursday
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now