DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – A box truck driver was ejected and killed in a crash with a GoTriangle bus on Sunday afternoon, according to Durham police.
The crash occurred at the intersection of Renaissance Parkway and Rolando Drive near The Streets at Southpoint around 3:45 p.m., police said.
According to authorities, the wreck happened when a large box truck made a left turn onto Rolando Drive in the path of a GoTriangle bus. The two vehicles collided, ejecting the truck driver.
The truck driver, later identified as 28-year-old Jacob Kipserem, of Buies Creek, died at the scene, police said.
The bus driver and three passengers on the bus were taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, police said.
Officials said that no charges are pending at this time and neither alcohol nor speed appear to be factors in the fatal crash.
The wreck is under investigation.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Durham County leaders strongly discourage door-to-door Halloween trick-or-treating
- Colorado firefighters to homeowners: ‘If this note finds you we must have done something right’
- Social media scams have cost consumers $117M already this year – Here’s what to look out for
- COVID-19 cluster closes Person County school for in-person learning
- Florida school district investigating claims that cheerleader was forced to kneel during anthem
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now