DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — A car flipped over during a rolling shootout between groups in two cars in Durham Friday afternoon, police said.
The incident happened just before 2 p.m. in the 3200 block of Dearborn Road in Durham, according to Durham police.
No one was injured in the actual shooting, police said. The second car involved fled from the scene.
Three people in the car that flipped ran initially from the scene, which is off Old Oxford Road in northeast Durham. Two people were later taken to a nearby hospital for treatment of injuries suffered in the crash.
Later, a third person was taken into custody, police said.
Dearborn Drive to Apollo Street will be closed for hours, police said.
Durham police are investigating the incident.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Average of the polls: Here’s where the numbers are moving in the Biden-Trump race
- Virginia parents of children with autism push for reduced penalty for assaulting police
- UNC-Wilmington professor discovers ancient mummified penguins in Antarctica
- Massachusetts man dies from eating bags of black licorice
- Kentucky governor calls for release of Breonna Taylor evidence
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now