DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – A driver suffered minor injuries when they escaped from their burning vehicle early Friday morning, police said.
Around 2 a.m., a vehicle plowed into a brick wall in the 1600 block of S. Roxboro Street.
The vehicle overturned and caught fire, police said.
The driver was able to get out and suffered minor injuries.
The Durham Fire Department was called in to extinguish the fire.
The driver, Fade Williams, 21, of Durham, was charged with driving while impaired and unauthorized use of a vehicle, police said.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Man shot at apartment complex in Raleigh, police say
- Russell Weinstein comes out of retirement for 2nd time to lead upstart Faith Christian football program
- Rocky Mount woman, man arrested after drugs, guns found in car, deputies say
- Raleigh bar – site of numerous shootings, stabbings – loses alcohol permit
- 3-vehicle crash closes US 401 at Ten Ten Road for about an hour