DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – A chimney fire has temporarily closed the Washington Duke Inn in Durham, Duke University announced.
A fire broke out on a chimney stack on the roof of the inn Friday morning.
“Thanks to the swift response by Durham Fire Department, the fire was extinguished quickly. There were no injuries reported,” Duke said.
The Washington Duke Inn will be closed to the public for several hours as emergency officials assess the damage
The public is asked to avoid the area.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Teachers, health care workers among many in Triangle updating wills amid COVID-19
- ‘You have to do something’: Many understanding of mask, social distancing crackdown at UNC
- 4 inches of rain floods I-40, triggering crashes, closure in Sampson County
- Investigation into police officers underway after Black family wrongly detained
- Special needs, pre-K students will not return to buildings on Sept. 8, Wake County school system says