DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – A fire investigation is underway after a structure fire on Tuesday morning.
According to a news release from the Durham Fire Department, firefighters were dispatched to structure fire in the 1000 block of Fayetteville St. at 3:33 a.m. on Tuesday morning.
37 firefighters, as well as several Durham County EMS units, and several Durham PD units responded to the call.
When they arrived on scene, flames could be seen coming from the roof of the building, which CBS 17 has confirmed is a car wash and barber shop.
Within 20 minutes, the fire was under control and firefighters noted heavy damage to the roof and interior of the building.
The building is in between tenants and is situated next to a strip mall.
Police and fire officials are now saying the fire is being investigated as arson.
No injuries were reported.
This story will be updated.
- Krzyzewski wins 217th game with Duke ranked No. 1 in romp
- Dog stolen from California in 2015 found with burglary suspects in Florida
- NC man accused of trying to set neighbor’s house on fire twice
- Giroux’s 4-point night leads Flyers past Canes, 5-3
- Blount leads NC Central past Bluefield State 68-44
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now