DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — A wreck on Interstate 85 near U.S. 70 Friday afternoon closed all but one lane heading north on the interstate, officials said.
The crash was reported just after 5:20 p.m. on I-85 just before the interchange with U.S. 70, according to the North Carolina Department of Transportation.
In images from the scene, one car could be seen on its roof and an ambulance was nearby.
The left lane was the only lane open until about 6 p.m. when an additional lane opened, according to NCDOT. Another lane reopened around 6:30 p.m.
There were traffic back-ups approaching the area stretching back to Avondale Drive, according to traffic cameras.
The highway was scheduled to completely reopen by 6:23 p.m., according to officials. As of 6:50 p.m., the road appeared to reopen, according to traffic cameras in the area.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Alert issued for ‘endangered’ missing young woman last seen in Fayetteville
- Thief targeting Knightdale and Raleigh hair salons, officials say
- 1 dead in I-40 crash in Orange County; westbound lanes were closed for hours
- Wofford shocks depleted No. 17 UNC, 68-64 as Tar Heels lose 3rd straight
- Last-second shot lifts NC State past UNC Greensboro 80-77
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now